Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wow, God. Really?!?!?!?!

As I sit here at Panera Bread next to a good friend, laughing, and playing on facebook, I'm constantly reminded of how great my God is. The last few years of my life have been a great reminder that He is always here for me and will never leave me. I've been stubborn and childish at times. Other times I've been sad and confused. In all those times I've been blessed and loved by a Lord and Savior that wants me to live for Him. In a time of overwhelming blessing this past Thursday, God humbled me before Him and made me realize, again, what it means to be His daughter.

Thursday afternoon, around 4:30, I was standing at the hostess stand at work with some coworkers talking and goofing around as usual. A woman wearing a pants suit walked in with a bag and asked, "is JaQuinn here?" I responded, "I'm JaQuinn." She told me that she was supposed to give "this" to me and handed me a bag with a large box inside then walked quickly out the door. My coworkers and I stood confused and looked at each other for a few seconds before someone beckoned for me to open it. I reached inside the bag and pulled out a note marked for Jaqueen. I opened the note and in red sharpie was written:

Jaqueen,
God layed you on my heart, and He told me to buy you a new laptop. Not sure why...guess that's between you and Him. He wanted me to tell you that He hears you. He loves you. He sees your perseverance and your faithfulness. You are a blessing to Him and to others. He will ALWAYS provide. Enjoy! :-)

If you are anything like me, or my coworkers, then it took a second for the reality of what was written to sink in. I just stood with my mouth open in confusion and shock and awe and...wow. The next thing to do, of course, was to pull out the big brown box (still in it's packaging) and open it! We pulled out the sciossors and opened the box. Inside was a brand new, unopened laptop box and product key for Microsoft Office 2010.


Immediately I called my mom - who didn't answer. Then I called my dad - who didn't answer. Then I called my little sister - who answered! We rejoiced and praised God together! He always takes care of me and I try to remember to praise Him for everything. This was completely different and unexpected. An unexpected blessing from our ever-present Father in Heaven.

Now, while I sit on my newest blessing and write these things I find myself becoming overjoyed by His goodness and provision in my life. Not only in this, but always. He has kept me safe, fed, healthy, clothed, sheltered, and in the midst of all this allowed me to enjoy myself. He has more in store than just the basics for us. He wants us to be overflowing with His goodness. I praise Him for being love for me.

To whoever listened to God and showed His love to me in this amazing way - THANK YOU! My sister (a guess given handwriting and smiley) you are a blessing. You made me want even more to be used by God in any way which He has prepared for me. I thank Him for you and pray that He continue blessing and using you in your walk with Him.

Praise the Lord, all you nations.
Praise him, all you people of the earth.
For he loves us with unfailing love;
the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever.
Praise the Lord!

Psalm 117

1 comment:

mle said...

God is AMAZING :) Thanks for sharing your story!