Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trying to see past how I feel

Today I was inspired.

I've only been awake about an hour and nothing new or different has happened in that time, but I feel compelled to share after reading what Lara had to say about peace.

Yesterday, I woke up after only sleeping for three hours and went to work. I didn't have to walk to the bus because I carpool with a good friend, but I spent the whole 20 minutes in the car talking about why I hadn't slept.

My emotional exhaustion exuded from me. I was, and regrettably am, discontent.

Not with every part of my life, but the parts that upset me have the greatest control over my emotional health. I cry out to God because He is the only One who can make it better. I pray and when I can't find the words I journal. Writing, I have more time to think about what I want to say and I cry out to my Lord in a letter. I ask Him to take it from me and control my life.


Today, things aren't much different, except that my desire for contentment is finally beginning to overpower all the emotional mess. My strive to live for my Lord is greater than the situations in my life that fight for control over me. I will remember to always be content in everything, because He will work out His perfect plan for my life.

Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation, by prayer and petition,
with Thanksgiving,
present your requests to the Lord.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-8

No comments: