Friday, February 18, 2011

WESTERN!!!

And the pick goes to...JAQUINN...for WESTERN GUILFORD HIGH SCHOOL!!

And the crowd goes wild!!! (crowd roaring. throwing tinsel).

Tonight I was placed at my high school for Young Life. I am officially the newest Young Life leader at Western Guildford High School. I have officially joined a community of Jesus freaks who are sharing their love for the Lord by building relationships with teenagers. I'm SO EXCITED!!!

Here it is!!

It's official, because I got my first YL t-shirt! The front says Western; the back says Johnson.

What does all this mean? It means that God has put me where He wants me to be and I have the opportunity to follow His path for me by sharing my life with others. All the setbacks and hiccups and scary moments that I am going to encounter with this path will be worth it. God didn't say it would be easy, but He is leading my path now. No other way for it to go.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” 
Isaiah 6:8

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! What you are doing with the kids is so so important! I have two teenagers. As your newest follower and hope to hear more about what God is/will do with your time "At the Hornet's Nest". Blessings! Robyn Q