Friday, December 10, 2010

#314

In the beginning, it would have been unlikely that we were seen together. Everything changed when I needed a ride one day, and this pseudo random person (the only one left to ask) said yes - even though I did not deserve her help in any way. Thus began a beautiful, strange, but fun relationship.
This is us in the beginning. We worked together and ate there a lot, because it was delicious (and we got an awesome 50% discount). I miss that discount. I'm glad we still eat together. It's probably one of our favorite pastimes. That may be one of the only things we agree on completely. The others are simple: Rent and Wicked.


This was our first Halloween dressing up together. It is a pretty accurate depiction of our differences (although she was wearing an old costume of mine). I was Elphaba. She was a French maid. It was quite a hit! We did not dress up when we actually saw Wicked a couple years later.

We have had our share of ups and downs and all arounds. We haven't really fought, but we have disagreed strongly. We do not always see eye to eye and we are not carbon copies of each other by any means. We are, however, friends. There's never a doubt in my mind that she will be there for me if I need her - whether that means taking me to work or playing hopscotch in the parking lot.
This is us at my honor society initiation. She wants to be at every major moment in my life because she loves me. I thank God for her. Sometimes I think that she's crazy and clingy, but I know that's her way of letting me know that she cares. And this is my way of letting her know that I do.

"A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." Proverbs 17:17


No comments: