Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving Surprise

November was the best month of this year! I was initiated into an honor society, I fed missionaries, and I saw Lecrae and the whole 116 Clique in concert. The final thing on my list was Thanksgiving, then it all changed.

My boyfriend told me that I had to clean and finish all my school work because his family was coming into town for Thanksgiving and I needed to be free. I was up two nights in a row and got my work done. Sunday morning I was in the bathroom getting ready for church when Darius says, "Come out here, I have someone I want you to meet." I told him just a moment so that I could finish up my mascara and my mother sticks her head in my bathroom! I was shocked and surprised!!

My parents drove from Waterloo, IA to Greensboro, NC just to see me for the week. They schemed with Darius to surprise me. It was their first time here since they dropped me off in August 2006.

It was an amazing time! We danced, played games, sang, went out to eat, went to the movies, and just had a great time with family!

This was also my first holiday with my family and Darius' family together! It was awesome! We played spades (my mom and I spanked his aunt and uncle) and watched the Saints beat the Cowboys! That night my little sister, Darius, and I stayed up all night and had a middle of the night CVS run. It was sad to see them go early in the morning, but I was so excited that they were here! I love my family!

No comments: